Thursday, June 14, 2007

PR Revoked ; then Renewed

Obviously I didn't listen to BeerBrat's community service regarding renewing my PR ...here . Procrastination.

My re-entry permit expired one day before I was to leave for Bangkok. And I didn't know until I was casually flipping through the pages of my passport on the way to the Airport. I was famous to blunder on small matters that people don't think it will happen to them, like the time i forgot my passport at the immigration checkpoint.

Anyways, I panicked. my flight is 2 hours away and the rest of flights were all fully booked. And I can't wait for tomorrow. So I tried calling a few friends including the Beer Kaki, but none of them is unsure what are the consequences. HEnce I approach the Immigration.

So, this is what will happen.

1. Your PR will be revoked once you exit Singapore without a valid re-entry permit. PR-ship does not expired but re-entry permit does.

2. Upon arrival back in Singapore, you are considered a visitor which you have the number of days stays limited accordance to your citizenship. Malaysian have 14 days.

3. You may re-apply for your PR ship back but its subject to approval case to case basis, and you have to bring all the relevant documents as stated by BeerBrat's post.

4. A $50 sgd fine will be imposed upon approval.

5. You are required to fill in a form to indicate you understand the above conditions.

Knowing my consequences, I still exit the country and got my PR and re-entry permit renewed when I got back. It just takes a little bit longer than BeerBrat's experience. They need to get some officer to review my case before they approve. I heard some are required to attend a interview. Guess I am just lucky.

So to my PR friends, remember to renew your Re-Entry Permit, not everyone is as lucky as me hor...

Another friendly community service brought to you by AhSiang.

Next...How to retrieve a check-in luggage in the Airport ?

No comments: