Sunday, October 21, 2007

My skeptics

This is my 101 posts. As I grow up and live life. I grew from a optimistic view of life to a cynical ones. Beliefs that I was taught and bred seems superficial to a troubled underlying reality.

I draw from life , two pessimist beliefs.

"Everybody lies" ( i got it from House)

"Everyone is incentive driven" (got it from reading Freakanomics)

This is what has been shaping our world. Of cos, there might be some exceptions which are rare. Sad to say, our world really needs a Noah and a great flood.

I have seen many behavioral example to prove those. Humans tend to lie more to get away, and most of our actions are chose to be beneficial to us be it tangible or intangible.

Only a way to to achieve true happiness, i think one must stick by ignorance.

"ignorance is bliss" is indeed true.

2 comments:

SoupLad said...

an intentional ignorance might just be another incentive driven act.

On contrary, it think Knowledge of letting go is bliss.

this includes letting go of fleeting temptations, desires, emotions and talks.

Ah Siang said...

SL : Letting go to where? Ultimately its either you get amnesia or you accept and control the temptations, desires, emotions and talks you have.

Intentional ignorance , in another way of describing is escaping.