Thursday, November 16, 2006

ring ! ring! ..click! ..Halo, I'm runnin...*pant ..can't talk now.. *gasp


Last Sunday, I finally took up a challenge with a friend IKA to run 10km at the Tuas 2nd Link Bridge. Not a runner myself, so we enrol for the FUN run instead.

There are many people, old, young, ladies, men , I am suprised that this kind of event would attract people from all sorts.

When I saw a group of old aunties together with me for the Fun Run , I was a bit paiseh because the able bodied young energetic man should be in the competitive run.

Anyways I clocked approximately 1 hr and 10 minutes. I can minus 5 minutes off it because of a toilet break in between.

I must say the event is well organized. there were traffic police, volunteers at every half km , toilet, drinks, and also bags depository.

One thing quirks me is that, many people carries their handphones while running. Some put in their pocket, some have a special pouch, etc. They don't carry towel, they don't carry water which are essentials in a run but they carry handphones, I wonder why.

Are you going to answer a call during the run? Or trying to sms and running ? Or in case of emergency if you fall, you can call for help ? Or let your friends call you to motivate you ? Nevertheless, I don't understand WHY ?.I surrender my handphone into bad depository.

No wonder Singapore is one of the country that have the largest handphone penetration market. And the fastest person who can sms is a Singaporean. He probably finger pump every day and after that a manicure.

I experienced the crossover from no handphones era to the handphones era. I only got mine after I graduated from university. However now, its kinda difficult to imagine one day without a handphone. Losing a handphone or having a faulty handphone is like losing something of significance to you like your relatives have just passed away.

However, I still have friends who refused to answer phone calls then everybody will be frustated because they can't reach them expecting everyone to have a handphone attached to their body. This is the stigma today. Its a culture.

No comments: