Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Changes...

For the past month and more, I've been changing my lifestyle a bit. Most of my friends knows why, but seems to think I'm doing it too drastically. It seems I've been like a social outcast, a person that travels on a road less travelled, a health freak..and so on.

Now I understood how my cousin felt when all of us, family keep pestering her, teasing her on her diet. I asked her why is she doing this, cos her diet is peculiar, its not vegetarian nor vegan, nor atkins nor Ornish. It has no scientific or medical basis. She just eats plainly, like porridge, brown rice, steam fish, veges...barring all kinds of sinful food etc, etc. Her answer to me is that she just want to do this for a a few years, to train her discipline. I admired her for that and respect her from then. Now she eats better. I admire her determination.

Well, it was my unhealthy medical report that sparks me to change my diet and little of lifestyle. It requires some discipline at first, but after a while, you get used to it. And now I feel much better. To add to my harvest of my determination, my latest blood test shows that I passed in flying colors. But does that mean I can get back to my old ways of diet....No...I intend to keep it up as long as I could. Some friends think i might not last, some thinks i am overreacting. Well, I am a stubborn mule.

My diet's is pretty much what doctor advice to the general public which is to keep saturated fats as low as possible and eat plenty of beans, fruits and veges. But I go further by barring myself to daily intake of either fish or chicken. Beef or other red meats will be consumed once a month. Carbohydrates, refined sugar are kept to the minimum. Alcohol is permissible but not binge drinking. Fried foods, junk food and desserts, only once in a blue moon and be followed by extra exercise. As for snacks, nuts is my favorite. Cooking methods in the order of my preferance are steam, boil, bake, stir fry, saute...lastly fry.

And people around me always say " Wah !!! so healthy arr !!!".

Anyways, I have lost 3kg in a month. Reduced my cholesterol level by 52%, (it was very abnormally high before until the doctor's eyes popped out). And furthermore , I've gain a lot of information regarding cholesterol.

Welcome myself to my new life.

No comments: