Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Quotes from Miss Hornist

Miss Hornist says:
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beaTing the air.

and she answers...

No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.


And I say

I find this true for most of us out there. What we hope to attain in life ? I always believed in short term specific goals and Long term big pictured goals. As you grow older, life gets complicated, and some of your dreams, you shelved it, some of your fantasies, you buried it, some of your hopes, well..it remains as hope.

Blessed are those who knows what they want. Excited are those who knows how to attain what they want. Bliss for those who already got it.


I never believe in planning long term. I never believed in planning to fail. Plans almost never work the way you plan. Plan to fail, and you will fail. What happens if your plan hit a crossroad, or a unexpected junction. The key is ,I believe in decision making. The skills of making the right decision determines your life journey, life path, your experiences and who you are. Its the butterfly effect....

I do sometimes make stupid decisions, and it costs me. I make good decisions and it benefits me.

So, I need to make the right decisions in LIFE.

So, the blue shirt or the red shirt ?



* Miss Hornist is a friend which I admire for her spontaneous, quirky, honest, buey-paiseh and courageous character. Her decisions in life makes me drop my jaw, her antics with Taxi drivers makes me laugh. Tough girl ...and I always wonder why she and Souplad never got together ...hahaha..thats another story

No comments: