Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Elevator




I was waiting for the elevator to descend to the ground floor, when a young man came by and waited beside me. The elevator was pretty slow, and sometimes I think its retarded, as it seems to assign you the elevator thats the furthest from your level.

Have you noticed, a lot of people likes to press the same buttons multiple times in quick repetitive motions, as if the faster you press and press, the lift will comes down faster.

Wouldn't it be cool to have such a elevator. What if the elevator's speeds depends on the speed you press the button repetitively.

My observation tells me, this is influenced by movies, when you see someone on a chase, keeps pressing the elevator buttons repetitively. It does shows that you are rushing.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah it's kind of silly to keep pressing the button. SOme ppl do it every time. I do it when I am really frustrated. Just to maybe, "want to cause pain" to the elevator. haha!

Wat i hate is ppl who press both UP and DOWN buttons (places where there's only ONE lift). It's stupid... the lift won't come down (or up) faster only bcos u press both buttons. And when it eventually comes, it will close and open again thus wasting everybody's time!

c a r c a r said...

很多路人也不耐烦地猛按交通灯按钮...仿佛你按得越多它会越快转青.

boleh faham?

Ah Siang said...

Michelle : Do you know there is a button only the bold dare to press ? The bell button.

CarCar : Tak.

SoupLad said...

that rung a bell..

I like the thrill of pressing dat "RED" button.... coz its so special...

thrilling....

coz' i was always warned that if i press dat bell..." mata will come and catch me ....or mang ka li will kidnap me "