Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good Samaritan

I was on the way to work two days ago. The journey requires me to take the train then the bus. and then I have to cross the road to get to my office which is on the other side.

Alas, I was down on my luck that day, as it was raining. I got to get into office real soon because I have a teleconference.

I decided to dash across once the green man starts to light. A lady, in her 30s, walk to my side , and offer me to walk alongside with her with her umbrella.

I was surprised. Never did it occur to me such nice gesture, esspecially during rush hours. Sheepishly I told her, its ok, and I am going to dash for it.

However, she insisted, telling me its raining quite heavily. Alas, I took her offer and alongside as I cross the road, I was shield by the rain.

I felt happy that there is such kind gesture. A stranger that you do not know offering help.

NEvertheless, it turns out she is working in another building, and I thank her after that and dash off into the rain again into another shelter. I was a little wet but still glad.

I hope whoever she is, she is gonna be blessed many times more.

This kind of incident reminds me another contrast picture of Hong Kong where people rudely shoving agressively through with their umbrellas during rainy season.

3 comments:

SoupLad said...

orrhhh... .pretty boy gets "Chick Ki Sio Hor Suah" treatment...

guess ya healthy-food-cum-exercise regime has gone a long way.... hahaha

Lady and pretty boy with Chick Ki Sio Hor Suah......

La la la la la la la la ..... Nang neng lang...

Beer Brat said...

I hope the umbrella is not that "sio" as it was pretty heavy rain. I got to office at 10am that day.

Anyway, that goes to show that bonhomie still exist.

Ah Siang said...

Soupie : pretty boy...sounds gay-ish.

BB : bonhomie , A disposition to be friendly and approachable.

its just a drizzle, nothin more than myself can handle